tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: The plans are to cut a final release of 3.1 this week...
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:58:09 GMT
Kevin Jones wrote:

> I reported one yesterday (hope it's not too late). It is an issue I thought
> had been resolved ages ago to do with access to XML methods.
>
> I'm running JDK 1.3rc1 - if I go to a page with a tag lib I get the
> com.sun.xml.tree.ParentNode access error, if I rebuild the source everything
> works.

Which OS/JVM combination?  Are you sure you were using the 1.3rc1 release (and
not one of the nightly builds)?  The reason I ask is that the underlying issue
is that the code you use needs to be compiled with a 1.2 compiler to run
(without this problem) on a 1.2 JVM.  The release candidate was indeed compiled
with a 1.2 compiler, but nightly builds are not (I don't think).

> Kevin Jones
> DevelopMentor
> www.develop.com

Craig