tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: persistance of generated servlet.
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 23:08:59 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:

> MANDAR RAJE wrote:
>
> > If I restart the server the behavior should be the same as when
> > I start the server for the first time. History should not
> > chage the result of the execution of the JSP.
>
> It's better to change JSP compiler to detect all dependencies -
> this way you'll not have to restart the server in the first place.

earlier i thought about doing this. the solution i thougt about is add more
dependency info in the generated servlet. example: an isOutDated method in the
generated servlet. This makes the servlet non-portable and affects things like
using the extends directive.

other solutions like maintain persistent data somewhere about dependencies
seemed like more work :-)

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)