tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler TagBeginGenerator.java
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 20:35:48 GMT
Hans Bergsten wrote:

> I added a CC to Eduardo again. He's on a business trip right now, but I hope
> he jumps in as soon as he's back.

I have a feeling he's in Spain with poor or no connectivity.

> I feel that we must resolve this before the release of Tomcat 3.1, since 3.1
> will
> likely be the benchmark for all containers that's currently in Beta, ready to
> be released soon. How to handle custom action attributes is extremely important
> to get right in all containers for true portability of tag libraries.

I agree with you.

Actually on a slightly different note there are a few other bugs (<10) that we should
certainly fix before calling Tomcat 3.1 final.  In addition to that I think we should
have a 3.1 branch and make a final release and continue bugfixing it with 3.1.x
releases. I doubt if we can abandon 3.1 like we did 3.0 (well almost except one
customer -- the J2EE implementation).

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)