tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: possible Tomcat 3.1 issues
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 15:07:41 GMT
Regarding XML output - I can remove the <xml>-like formating
for all "normal" message today. For debug messages - most
people will never see them, so I would let them in - with hope that
in next release we'll be able to implement a better solution.

It seems the problem is not if we want xml or not ( most people
agree there are advantages in using an easy-to-parse format),
but in how it is implemented, and the fact that we don't
generate plain text too.

Please, let's mark the workspace and create the 3.1 RC this week
- it seems only few people are working on bugs, and we stoped
all development for  too long ( almost 3 weeks ).

This is not the last tomcat - we'll have 3.2, 3.3, etc ( I hope ) -
the release cycle is far too long for an open source project.

Costin