tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: WAR File problem - Don't cut final version until fixed.
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 16:30:19 GMT
It's a feature, not a bug :-)

Or at least that's how it was intended to run.

In a perfect world, we would have a deploy tool with 2 buttons:
- deploy
- remove/undeploy

In tomcat, deploy means:
- put the war file in webapps directory

Undeploy means:
- remove the war file _and_ the expanded files

The expanded directory is the internal tomcat representation - if the directory is
there that means the application is deployed "into" tomcat.

To update you need to "un-deploy" - i.e. remove the directory. Checking for changes
is too expensive and not usefull - it's the deploy tool job that has to deal with
that ( in our case - you are the deploy tool, with help from "rm -rf " and "cp")

Costin