tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: <init-param> in /test
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 21:48:40 GMT
I agree - on unix it's not allowed to have space in env variables, and probably most people
are not using space prefix/suffix.

The servlet API doesn't mention any restriction in the name or value - it's just a string.
It will also be confusing - it's better to use the same rules ( i.e. you have to leave no
space between <tag>and body</tag> ).

Costin