tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Luc Rochat <j...@cybercable.fr>
Subject Re: [BUG] handler problem with mod_jserv under virtual hosts
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:57:01 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was messing around pretty heavy with mod_jserv to install both Cocoon1
> and Cocoon2 on both jserv and tomcat all running under the same server.
>
> Probably I'm the only one crazy enough to try this... and I found a bug
> :)

Which one ? ;-))

> Here is an extract of my setup, which I replicated with other servlets
> and it's not Cocoon, nor jserv/tomcat related... I believe this is a
> problem with mod_jserv code, but this is pretty annoying since it
> prevents some important operations on virtual hosts.
>
> the important part of my httpd.conf is:
>
> <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:8087>
>     ApJServMount /servlets ajpv12://127.0.0.1/root
>     ApJServMount /servlet  ajpv12://127.0.0.1/root
>
>     <Location /jserv/>
>        SetHandler jserv-status
>     </Location>
>
>     ApJServMount /cocoon1/servlet ajpv12://127.0.0.1/cocoon1
>     Action cocoon1-action
> /jserv/cocoon1/servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
>     Alias /cocoon1 c:/code/xml.apache.org/xml-cocoon/dist/cocoon-1.7.2
>
>     <location /cocoon1/samples>
>      DirectoryIndex index.xml
>      SetHandler cocoon1-action
>     </location>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> attempting
>
>  http://127.0.0.1:8087/servlets/IsItWorking
>
> does the normal response, and also
>
>  http://127.0.0.1:8087/jserv/
>
> works perfectly, in all it's part (showing the right virtual hosts). But
> if I try
>
>  http://127.0.0.1:8087/cocoon1/samples/
>
> the "jserv-status" handler is called. Note, that the exact same code
> works as expected outside virtual hosts.

Is it the *exact* same config lines ?
because :

http://127.0.0.1:8087/cocoon1/samples/
logically fits the criteria :
<Location /cocoon1/samples>
and then executes the "cocoon1-action " handler.

Action cocoon1-action /jserv/cocoon1/servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon

logically fits the criteria :
<Location /jserv/>
and then executes the "jserv-status" handler.

Where is the bug ??

> Unfortunately, I don't know the internals of mod_jserv well enough to
> patch this.

This has nothing to do with mod_jserv's internals. It's an Apache
feature. or explain me.

> Anyway, I suspect that nobody found this because the
> "SetHandler" behavior for servlets is not well recognized. (normally
> servlets are mapped to extentions or thru ApJServMount, not using the
> more standard Action, AddHandler and SetHandler apache directives).
>
> Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jean-Luc