tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Building issues and Ant
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 19:41:27 GMT
> Let me ask again: what version of Ant are you using?  Is it prior to the
> last beta?  I don't believe that it is reasonable to assume that you can
> pick one version of Ant and use it literally forever, but I will be glad to
> work with you on a reasonable schedule for incorporating changes.

I was using 1 week old ant ( from the last time I fixed the nighthly build).

Let's stop this thread - I updated the ant to latest ( i.e. today), so it
should start working again. I'll monitor the builds every day until we have 3.1
out - then we should mark the workspace for ant and tomcat and stick with
whatever ant we have, and upgrade only when ant has a major release.

I'll post a documentation on how the nightly build work, and after we finish
the 3.1 I hope we'll spend some time with the small details.    ( and I also
hope we'll have more frequent milestones, but that's a different issue ).

Costin