tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Building issues and Ant
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 18:32:16 GMT

rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Costin wrote:
> >It's hard to automate the build process when both the build tool, the
> >build script and the source code are changing at the same time.
>
> Can you be more specific?
>
> I can guarantee that the current Tomcat from CVS will build with the
> current Ant from CVS.  I can also guarantee that any released version of
> Tomcat will build with the corresponding version of Ant.

That's exactly what I said - you need the current ant to build the current
tomcat.
And you need the current ant to build the current ant.

I just want a stable version of the build tool - let's say today ant, or any
other version of ant you like.

> I am also pretty sure that the current Tomcat will will build with the last
> released CVS.

> What combination are you trying?  Not knowing how the nightly builds are
> produced makes it hard to anticipate what changes are OK and what changes
> are not.

The nightly build is not rebuilding ant - it just use a "stable" version.

Costin