tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/uguide tomcat_ug.html
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2000 16:05:19 GMT

Jean-Luc Rochat wrote:

> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> >
> > shachor@locus.apache.org wrote:
> >
> > > shachor     00/03/31 14:50:48
> > >
> > >   Modified:    src/doc/uguide tomcat_ug.html
> > >   Log:
> > >   Covering the TOMCAT_OPTS variable and adding a few
> > >   cosmetic changes
> > >

> > Thanks, Gal, you beat me to it.  :-)
> >
> > I just checked in one more change you might want to mention -- you can now specify
"-home {path}" or "-h
> > {path}" on the Tomcat command line (i.e. as an argument to Tomcat) to set tomcat.home,
in addition to the
> > other methods.  This was added to make it easier to integrate Tomcat into a development
tool that SAS has
> > built.
> >
> > Craig
> Hi,
>
> just trying to use the automatic startup mode from apache, it appears
> that another path could be made passed as a parameter : workDir
> This one has now to be absolute in server.xml started by mod_jserv.
> (or did I miss something ?)
> Jean-Luc

I thought I fixed that one.... It's not a show-stoper, but we can try to
fix that too.

Please don't make automatic startup the default - for apache 2.0 we'll
probably use the IIS/NSAPI connector as a base - and the wrapper is
not yet ported.

IMHO we should make the wrapper a standalone module, it doesn't
have too many dependencies to the rest of the code.
( but that's a 3.2 discussion )

Costin