tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@Central.Sun.COM>
Subject Question about (apparent) change in behavior in Tomcat
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:22:05 GMT
After downloading the latest today (and not having downloaded a version
since about 4 weeks ago), I am experiencing some differences in
behavior.

It is not clear to me whether they are attributable to me having
'coded around' bugs that were since fixed or that new things may have
popped up.

. When instantiating my tomcat server, I am not specifying the name of
  the host, nor the interface.

. When invoking my initial servlet (a login servlet), it generates a
  URL based on the original host/port combination.

. The problem I have is that the host returned is 'localhost', even when
  the browser accessing the request is on a different machine.

  On the previous version (from Mar 20 approximately), the behavior was
  'correct', i.e. it returned the name of the host.

I am wondering whether I am doing wrong.

BTW I am using both the SimpleTcp connector and the PoolTcp connector.

--

Other changes in behavior that I see are manifested in a RequestInterceptor
that I developed.

. Before, on non servlet URLs (for example html pages, javascript, gif),
  the path to the page appeared on the PathInfo component of with the
  servlet appearing on the URI.

. Now, they are intercepted but they appear not to be associated with
  the servlet.

Arieh