tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Melzer <TMel...@tomesoft.de>
Subject RE: does tomcat work in win2000?
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2000 08:39:23 GMT
> Hi,
> we are thinking about upgrade NT to win2000.
> There are rumors out there that every dll
> file in win2k should be signed by MS.
> In that case, Tomcat probably going to break.
> So can anyone success in doing this drop a
> line realy quick here?
> Thanks ahead!
You only need to sign dll's if you want replace dll's in the System
directory structure (most of the time \winnt\system32). Windows 2000 has
a feature called 'System File Protection' which doesn' allow you to
replace core OS dll's if they aren't signed.
If you install your dll's in your own application directory there are no
problems.
Reagards
-- Thomas Melzer