tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Lena Lindström <...@ies.se>
Subject Unable to open taglibrary
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 12:22:32 GMT
Hi,
    I'm a new user of JSP and I am trying to use the taglib element, but it won't work. :(

I'm running the tomcat server in location D:\tomcat\bin.
I haven't made any changes to server.xml, but I have added the taglib to D:\tomcat\conf\web.xml,
like this (after <web-app>). I have restarted tomcat after these changes.

    <taglib>
     <taglib-uri>/dlexpress/taglib</taglib-uri>
     <taglib-location>http://localhost:8080/examples/WEB-INF/tlds/taglib.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>

My library is located in D:\tomcat\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\tlds and its name is taglib.tld.

I am referring to the library from my JSP page (template.jsp) like this:
<%@ taglib uri="/dlexpress/taglib" prefix="j2ee" %>

The location of the template.jsp is D:\tomcat\webapps\examples\jsp\iter1

I reach my JSP page with URL: http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/iter1/template.jsp
and I get the error message:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary /dlexpress/taglib : Parse Error
in the tag library descriptor: com.sun.xml.parser/V-038 form-login-config
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEventListener.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingListener.java:116)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1039)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1035)

(stack dump follows)

Please help me if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!