tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@exoffice.com>
Subject [Catalina] [Patch] Small tweaks and fixes
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2000 06:05:36 GMT
I had a look at Catalina, and first of all, I must say I'm impressed by how
clean the code is.
I'm still not very familiar with it, though.

Random facts :
- After toying a bit with the config, the DummyContainer works :-)

While I was toying with Catalina, I fixed the following (diffs follow) :
- Typo at line 357 of ContextConfig.java
- Missing strings in core.LocalStrings.properties
- Temporary fix to init of the StandardWrapper
- setBasic(Valve) never updates the basic valve if basic == null before
calling the function. I think it was not a normal behavior, so I fixed that.
- Fixed a bug in AccessLogValve (StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String
index out of range: -6)
at org.apache.tomcat.valves.AccessLogValve.replace(AccessLogValve.java:524)
at org.apache.tomcat.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java,
Compiled Code)

Remy

RCS file:
/home/cvspublic/jakarta-tomcat/proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomca
t/core/StandardWrapper.java,v
retrieving revision 1.5
diff -r1.5 StandardWrapper.java
248a249,264
> /**
> * Set the load-on-startup order value (negative value means
> * load on first call).
> *
> * @param value New load-on-startup value
> */
> public void setLoadOnStartup(String value) {
>
> try {
> setLoadOnStartup((new Integer(value)).intValue());
> } catch (NumberFormatException e) {
> setLoadOnStartup(0);
> }
>
> }

RCS file:
/home/cvspublic/jakarta-tomcat/proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomca
t/core/LocalStrings.properties,v
retrieving revision 1.9
diff -r1.9 LocalStrings.properties
2a3

> containerBase.notConfigured=Container has not been properly configured

7a9

> standardContext.notFound=Context not found

RCS file:
/home/cvspublic/jakarta-tomcat/proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomca
t/core/ContainerBase.java,v
retrieving revision 1.13
diff -r1.13 ContainerBase.java
307a308

> basic = valve;
RCS file:
/home/cvspublic/jakarta-tomcat/proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomca
t/valves/AccessLogValve.java,v
retrieving revision 1.6
diff -r1.6 AccessLogValve.java
524c524

< temp.append(timestamp.substring(8, 2)); // Day

---

> temp.append(timestamp.substring(8, 10)); // Day

526c526

< temp.append(lookup(timestamp.substring(5, 2))); // Month

---

> temp.append(lookup(timestamp.substring(5, 7))); // Month

530c530

< temp.append(timestamp.substring(11, 8)); // Time

---