tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From david sims <da...@simscomputing.com>
Subject Tomcat, multiple IP addresses, and virtual domains
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2000 14:10:47 GMT
hi,

[I posted this to tomcat-user but I think I should have posted it here to
tomcat-dev as well]

Is it possible to configure Tomcat to serve up one set of web pages if
HTTP requests come in to IP address X, and another set of web pages if HTTP
requests come into IP address Y?

What I'm getting at is having a Linux box with multiple IP addresses. I'd like
to configure Tomcat to serve up web pages and servlets for multiple web sites
on the same machine.

I was looking in org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.java for
some answers, but it's still unclear to me. Hence my post.

If it's currently not possible, I'd be interested in submitting a patch that
does this, as long as someone can guide me a bit on the whole Tomcat
architecture.

And for that matter, I'd be interested in submitting a patch for virtual domain
support. I know the FAQ says "use Apache for virtual domains", but I'm a bit of
a Java bigot. I'd prefer to run Tomcat for everything and not use Apache at all
as a web server.

thanks,
david

--