tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: which classes to use to modify server.xml
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:53:11 GMT
>  	It isn't HttpServer, but AdminImpl.java that i have overridden. I have
> added a method getHttpServer() which return me the ref. to the
> HttpServer that AdminImpl contains. From the HttpServer reference, i get
> the CM and so on.

> >      I'm doing a look up in the RMI Registry to get a reference to the
> > HttpServer(Tomcat "HttpServer" class) running[All my program  knows is
> > the host/port number of the registry].I have overridden the
> > HttpServer.java, added a "getContextManager()" method using which i get
> > a ref. to the context Manager. This,i use to get the info all the
> > contexts i wish to modify(or delete etc.)

You are using an old version of tomcat.
Get 3.1beta and take a look at the admin interface.
( it's going to have a user/password and run on a different port ).

You just need to write a normal servlet and make a normal http connection
to your servlet. Inside the servlet you'll access the real Request object
and get the ContextManager.

Please note that all this will require special permissions for your
servlet, and will be protected by a SecurityManager.

Costin