tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: Logging
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 17:01:32 GMT
> I've just noticed that compiling the latest Tomcat CVS with an application
> (servlet) that worked fine in a previous release that:
>
> 1. Servlet logging appears to not work (ie, the use of log methods within
> servlets).

servlet logs should go to logs/servlet.log
Works for me - file a bug if it doesn't for you, but please include code
to reproduce it.

It's really hard to not only fix bugs, but also write the code to
reproduce it. Of course, a patch that fix the bug is even better.

> 2. Server (Tomcat) logs are written to the jasper.log file, not the
> tomcat.log file.

Works for me, what's your environment ???

Costin