tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Du" <phil_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Problem setting up Tomcat to run with Apache
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 03:22:09 GMT
Hi,

I even couldn't find that HOWTO. Could you tell me the URL.
Thanks

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Wong Liong Hung [mailto:wonglh@embeddedwireless.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2000 8:06 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem setting up Tomcat to run with Apache

Hi,

When I followed the steps given in Tomcat+Apache HOWTO to setup Tomcat
to run with Apache, I failed.

These are the steps taken:
1. copy mod_jserv.so into /etc/httpd/modules
2. add "Include /usr/local/tomcat/etc/tomcat.conf" to the end of
httpd.conf
3. kill the httpd process and start it up using 'httpd' command.

I tried 2 version of mod_jserv.so. For the /v3.0/linux/mod_jserv.so,
I got following message after starting
up httpd.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

While using v3.1_m1/linux/mod_jserv.so, I got this:
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!

Anyone has any idea how to solve the problem.

My system configuration:
httpd
-----
Server version: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)  (Red Hat/Linux)
Server built:   Sep 21 1999 10:46:27
Linux
-----
RedHat 6.1