tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Angsuman Chakraborty" <angsu...@technologist.com>
Subject RE: SUGGESTION: Make mod_jserv non-java-specific
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2000 00:22:33 GMT
Talking about performance I am really impressed with the figures for
resin...
http://www.caucho.com/articles/benchmark.html

>IMO until Java is OSS and natively compiled...
For windows you can generate executable out of Java class. I personally use
vcafe for the job, there are others probably better.

As for OSS, theoritical discussions aside, IMO Java is open source for all
practical purposes.

volano's benchmarks may not be very representative.

Angsuman Chakraborty
Senior Software Engineer, III
SUN CERTIFIED ARCHITECT for Java Technology

e-mail: angsuman@technologist.com