tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Request Information
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:32:38 GMT
It's a bug - please use bugzilla, we'll fix it for release ( but you need to add
the bug if you want to be sure it's fixed ).

Costin

Magesh Umasankar wrote:

> Hi
> Headers get lost when I connect to Tomcat 3.1 through Apache.  When Tomcat
> 3.1 runs as a standalone server, all these headers appear.  Is it a JServ
> bug?
>
> This is the sample output of snoop.jsp when I run Tomcat 3.1 as a standalone
> web server listening on Port 8080.
>
> Request Information
> JSP Request Method: GET
> Request URI: /examples/jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
> Request Protocol: HTTP/1.1
> Servlet path: /jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
> Path info: null
> Path translated: /usr/local/tomcat3.1/webapps/examples
> Query string: null
> Content length: -1
> Content type: null
> Server name: twbsd.foo.net
> Server port: 8080
> Remote user: null
> Remote address: 210.134.234.246
> Remote host: 210.134.234.246
> Authorization scheme: null
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
> The browser you are using is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT;
> foo.b1)
>
> This is the sample output of snoop.jsp when I connect to Tomcat 3.1 thru'
> Apache.
>
> Request Information
> JSP Request Method: GET
> Request URI: /examples/jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
> Request Protocol: HTTP/1.0
> Servlet path: /jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
> Path info:
> Path translated: /usr/local/tomcat3.1/webapps/examples
> Query string: null
> Content length: -1
> Content type: null
> Server name: twbsd.foo.net
> Server port: 80
> Remote user: null
> Remote address: 210.134.234.246
> Remote host:
> Authorization scheme: null
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
> The browser you are using is null
>
> Note in particular that the HTTP Protocol differs!  Similar differences
> exist when I run the SnoopServlet too...
>
> Please let me know whether it is a configuration problem or a bug...
>
> Thnx
> Magesh
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message