tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Harish <>
Subject Re: which classes to use to modify server.xml
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:56:05 GMT

     This is for a scenario in which Tomcat is running on a
machine(which wasn't started from my program) and i need to connect to
it from my program and do an addition/modification/deletion of Contexts.

     I'm doing a look up in the RMI Registry to get a reference to the
HttpServer(Tomcat "HttpServer" class) running[All my program  knows is
the host/port number of the registry].I have overridden the, added a "getContextManager()" method using which i get
a ref. to the context Manager. This,i use to get the info all the
contexts i wish to modify(or delete etc.)
     I have a strong feeling that there's a neater way of doing it
instead of overriding, something which i'm not able to
figure out. Do I need to use a Connector(excuse me if i'm wrong)?

someone please enlighten me,

Harish wrote:
> Hi,
>    I'm trying to write a plug-in which takes in a WAR file as input and
> modifies the server.xml, copies the WAR into the directory of
> jakarta-tomcat and then restart the server(or do i have the option of
> hot deployment, without any restarts?)
>    Can some one please tell me which packages/classes of tomcat can be
> used to do this?
> Thanks,
> harish

View raw message