tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Yang <yga...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: session expiring too quick
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2000 22:57:17 GMT
Shachor Gal wrote:

>  I think that I fixed this problem yesterday. So if you will use todays
> build it supposed to be there.
>
> However, the defaultSessionTimeOut in server.xml is not in use anymore,
> instead you will need to set the session timeout in web.xml (The servlet
> API 2.2 deployment descriptor.)
>
> Note that you can use TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml to provide default timeout
> for all the contexts.
>
> Tell me if it works (remember this should be in the latest build).
>
>         Gal Shachor
>
> On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Eric Lebetsamer wrote:
>
> > I noticed this same problem.  I assumed that it is a bug in 3.1.  I had to
> > move backwards to 3.0 to fix the problem.  Waiting for a fix.

Why the minium timeout is 60 seconds? From
src/share/org/apache/tomcat/session/StandardManager.java,
 it seems that tomcat checks all sessions each 60 seconds. Why don't you check if
a session is time out when a new access comes?
I mean, why don't you check it in method access() of StandardManager.java?
    public void access() {

        this.lastAccessedTime = this.thisAccessedTime;
        this.thisAccessedTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
        this.isNew=false;

        if (this.thisAccessedTime-this.lastAccessedTime >
this.maxInactiveInterval) {
            // timeout ....

        }
  }

If use this method, the minium maxInactiveInterval can be less than 60...the unit
can even be ms:-)