tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Gal Shachor <shac...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Sessions
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 14:05:28 GMT

Kevin,

Sessions are working fine for me on NT4.0 and Linux, so it is strange...
Can
it be that your browser does not accept the session cookies?

The spec defines a limit on domain where the cookie can leave (for good
privacy reasons) and I have seen both Netscape and IE becoming peaky
regarding
the cookies that they are willing to accept (for example cookies with
the
domain localhost!!!)

Check that Tomcat is sending cookies (try telnet localhost 8080 for
example) and
then check the the cookie is actually submitted back by the browser
(SnoopServlet
is a good candidate for such test)

Usually if this is the problem accessing tomcat with a full dns is going
fix this problem (for example http://www.xxx.com:8080/ instead of
http://localhost:8080/)

	Gal Shachor