tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: new RELEASE-PLAN
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 07:56:05 GMT
"Anil K. Vijendran" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Based on some current developments in the Tomcat 3.1 cycle, I've made
> some changes to the RELEASE-PLAN. See the attachment for the new
> RELEASE-PLAN. The important point here is that instead of calling Tomcat
> 3.1 "final" by ApacheCon, we'll call it "beta" and then after some fixed
> period of usage and testing, we'll call it "final".
>
> If there are no outright -1s, I'll check it in. As usual, this is not
> final and we can make changes to this after discussion on tomcat-dev.

Except for one thing, it looks fine to me. What I miss in the list of
goals is "100% spec compliance". This is, after all, the Reference
Implementation so spec compliance should have the highest priority IMHO.

As far as I know, 3.1 is not that far off. The only feature I know is
missing that's not listed in the plan is URL rewriting. It's mandatory
according to the spec, and it should not be too hard to add. I wish I could
volunteer, but I'm simply too busy at this time to make such a promise.
But if you know of other features that are not there yet, or planned to
be there by the 3.1 release date, I suggest you add them to the list.

Hans