tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arun Jamwal <Arun.Jam...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: R:How to start Tomcat as service in NT?
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 00:59:09 GMT

Here's how I did it:

1. Install invoker
    Download invoker from
    http://innovation.idetix.com/invoker/download.html

    - copy invoker.exe to winNT\system32 or someplace on your PATH

2. Create a service entry
    -on the DOS prompt type something like (change according to your
settings)

        invoker install Tomcat "Tomcat Server" "d:\jdk1.3\bin\java.exe"
automcatic

3. Edit application parameters by invoking regedt32.exe or regedit

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MyService\Parameters

    and double-click on the AppDirectory value
    then enter something like

-classpath
e:\lib\webserver.jar;e:\lib\jasper.jar;e:\lib\servlet.jar;e:\lib\xml.jar;d:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar
-Dtomcat.home=e:\scratch\dist\tomcat    org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat

Close the Registery Editor

4. Open Control Panel, open Services Manager, select Tomcat and press Start!

That's it!

Arun.