tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Talin <ta...@brodia.com>
Subject RE: SUGGESTION: Make mod_jserv non-java-specific
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 21:07:44 GMT
Actually my reasons for wanting to do this have less to do with speed, and
more to do with the fact that some people like different languages, and
different languages are good for different things. For example, I can
imagine someone who likes programming in perl using a system like this
instead of mod_perl, in order to avoid the large memory footprint that is
the result of having a seperate perl interpreter embedded into each apache
child process. I can easily see something like this used to drive a
Zope/Enhydra/Mason/whatever server.