tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jjrob...@lexmark.com
Subject M1R2, .WAR and ResourceBundle
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 18:57:29 GMT
I have a webapp that localizes strings via a ResourceBundle.  I've just updated
everything to create a .WAR file, which I place in the webapps directory.  I'm
running M1R2.

The first time I start Tomcat, the .WAR file hasn't yet been unpacked.  It gets
unpacked OK, but when I try to hit my URI with the browser I get:

     java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for base name
actionStrings, locale en_US

The file actionStrings.properties is in the webapps\<myapp>\WEB-INF, which is in
the classpath, but for some reason it's not found.

The second time I start Tomcat - when all the files are already unpacked - there
are no problems.

Some of the servlet examples use LocalStrings.properties to do about the same
thing I'm doing.  Those examples work, but I don't see anything in their code,
web.xml or server.xml that looks different than what I'm doing.

Any idea what's happening?

Thanks,
-Jeff