tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@Central.Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Problem with current mechanism for initialization of Contexts
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 15:32:17 GMT
With regards to the problem above.

I think I have come up with an alternative solution to resolving the
runtime determination of the docBase/home on the server.xml file.

Here is what I intend to do:

On util.xml.XmlMapper, add the following methods:

	public Object readXml (Reader rdr, Object root)

	public Object readXml (String str, Object root)

The InputSource class, accepts a Reader or a String argument in its
constructor.

In this manner, my program can read-in the server.xml 'template' file, from
the location where it exists, perform appropriate string replacements and be
successfully initialized.

---

Such a solution allows for applications to hold their server.xml in
formats other than explicit files (think of having them as constants,
properties in resource files, etc).

It would be a valid solution, for example, for embedded systems where
there may be limitations of filesystem access.

---

Arieh