tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Richa Oberoi" <ri...@newgen.co.in>
Subject Unable to make my own tag with 3.1M1 !!!!!
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 11:16:29 GMT
hi!!!

i am trying to make my own tag quiet similar to the given taglib example
so i started by making MyTag.java file very similar to FooTag.java extending same ExampletagBase
and implementing BodyTag
now this tag has 4 attributes or scripting variables whose values i provide in my.jsp (similar
to foo.jsp)
also made MyTagExtraInfo.java similar to FooTagExtraInfo.java
all these java files r in the same directory as for foo

now my.jsp looks something like this

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib" prefix="eg" %>

<ul>

<eg:My MyAttr="Richa" NameAttr="Name" IsAttr="Is" RichaAttr="Richa">

<li><%= AttributeName %></li>

</eg:My>

</ul>

i have also made an entry of this tag in the TLD like this (again quiet similar to foo)

<!-- A simple Tag -->

<!-- My tag -->

<tag>

<name>My</name>

<tagclass>examples.MyTag</tagclass>

<teiclass>examples.MyTagExtraInfo</teiclass>

<bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent>

<info>

Perform a server side action; uses 3 mandatory attributes

</info>

<attribute>

<name>MyAttr</name>

<required>true</required>

</attribute>

<attribute>

<name>NameAttr</name>

<required>true</required>

</attribute>

<attribute>

<name>IsAttr</name>

<required>true</required>

</attribute>

<attribute>

<name>RichaAttr</name>

<required>true</required>

</attribute>

</tag>

now the problem is     the java files MyTag.java and MyTagExtraInfo.java compile fine but
when i compile the My.jsp in explorer it gives the following error

Error: 500
Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to find setter method for attribute: MyAttr
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.generateSetters(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.generateServiceMethodStatements(TagBeginGenerator.java:206)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.generate(TagBeginGenerator.java:275)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener$GeneratorWrapper.generate(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.generateAll(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.endPageProcessing(JspParseEventListener.java:159)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:226)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:137)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:148)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:255)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:224)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:347)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:144)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java:305)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:466)

another thing i would like to mention is i tried modifying FooTag.java first by removing 1
attribute and then by adding another(that is making them 4)
and correspondingly making changes in the jsp and the TLD it works fine  !!!!!

i am working on Windows NT and using VCafe 3.0 JVM

so Please help !!!!!!