tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Richa Oberoi" <ri...@newgen.co.in>
Subject Re: Unable to make my own tag with 3.1M1 !!!!!
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 03:47:01 GMT
thanx a lot it works now !!!!
----- Original Message -----
From: Danno Ferrin <shemnon@earthlink.net>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2000 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: Unable to make my own tag with 3.1M1 !!!!!

> Read the java beans spec:
>
>  getMyAttr and setMyAttr when made to a property the first character is
> dropped in case (unless the second character is uppercase) so the attr
> is myAttr not MyAttr.
>
> Richa Oberoi wrote:
> >
> > hi!!!
> >
> > i am trying to make my own tag quiet similar to the given taglib example
> > so i started by making MyTag.java file very similar to FooTag.java
extending same ExampletagBase and implementing BodyTag
> > now this tag has 4 attributes or scripting variables whose values i
provide in my.jsp (similar to foo.jsp)
> > also made MyTagExtraInfo.java similar to FooTagExtraInfo.java
> > all these java files r in the same directory as for foo
> >
> > now my.jsp looks something like this

> > <%@ taglib uri="http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib"
prefix="eg" %>

> > <ul>
> >
> > <eg:My MyAttr="Richa" NameAttr="Name" IsAttr="Is" RichaAttr="Richa">
> >
> > <li><%= AttributeName %></li>
> >
> > </eg:My>
> >
> > </ul>

> > i have also made an entry of this tag in the TLD like this (again quiet
similar to foo)

> > <!-- A simple Tag -->
> >
> > <!-- My tag -->
> >
> > <tag>
> >
> > <name>My</name>
> >
> > <tagclass>examples.MyTag</tagclass>
> >
> > <teiclass>examples.MyTagExtraInfo</teiclass>
> >
> > <bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent>
> >
> > <info>
> >
> > Perform a server side action; uses 3 mandatory attributes
> >
> > </info>
> >
> > <attribute>
> >
> > <name>MyAttr</name>
> >
> > <required>true</required>
> >
> > </attribute>
> >
> > <attribute>
> >
> > <name>NameAttr</name>
> >
> > <required>true</required>
> >
> > </attribute>
> >
> > <attribute>
> >
> > <name>IsAttr</name>
> >
> > <required>true</required>
> >
> > </attribute>
> >
> > <attribute>
> >
> > <name>RichaAttr</name>
> >
> > <required>true</required>
> >
> > </attribute>
> >
> > </tag>
> >
> > now the problem is     the java files MyTag.java and MyTagExtraInfo.java
compile fine but when i compile the My.jsp in explorer it gives the
following error

> > Error: 500
> > Internal Servlet Error:
> >
> > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to find setter method for
attribute: MyAttr
> >         at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.generateSetters(Compiled Code)
> >         at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.generateServiceMethodStatements
(TagBeginGenerator.java:206)
> >         at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.generate(TagBeginGenerator.java
:275)
> >         at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener$GeneratorWrapper.generate(C
ompiled Code)
> >         at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.generateAll(Compiled Code)
> >         at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.endPageProcessing(JspParseE
ventListener.java:159)
> >         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiled Code)
> >         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:226)
> >         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:137)
> >         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:148)
> >         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:255)
> >         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(Compiled Code)
> >         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
> >         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(Compiled Code)
> >         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:224)
> >         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:347)
> >         at
onnectionHandler.java:144)
> >         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java:305)

> > another thing i would like to mention is i tried modifying FooTag.java
first by removing 1 attribute and then by adding another(that is making them
4)