tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: ClassCastException on Tomcat initialization
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:27:14 GMT
> I am running Tomcat v3 on VAJ EE v3. Initially I was able to get Tomcat up and running.
But I had ClassCastExceptions in ServletWrapper.loadServlet() when I tried to load one of
my own servlets. This
> made no sense since the cast that it was failing on was for
>    servlet = (Servlet)servletClass.newInstance();
>  but the class it was loading was declared as:
> public class UserLoginMgr extends javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet

Seems like a VAJ problem, try to delete the project and start again.
( if I remember VAJ does  "import" the projects, you may have something
in the repository )

Make sure VAJ doesn't have any servlet.jar or servlet API - it may be an
older version of the servlet API.

Costin