tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: Servlet reloading?
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2000 03:46:19 GMT
> > Does anyone know how servlet reloading works (or if it works) with Tomcat?
>
> Your parenthetical comment speaks to the actual situation -- it's not
> currently implemented, although there's work in progress to attempt to
> implement this in time for 3.1.

There is a partial implementation, it should work for development if you
don't do something special - I have no ideea how it interacts with Session
objects or context attributes ( which are already loaded by the old class
loader), but it should work at the same level as JServ ( the code is just
cut&paste from there and the logic is the same ).

Nobody tested it, I just added the glue code and did a small sanity check.

Costin