tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Shachor Gal <shac...@techunix.technion.ac.il>
Subject Re: Tomcat vs. Resin
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 17:23:11 GMT

 Hi,

Tomcat was not optimized yet, even simple stuff like thread pooling is not
implemented... To add to that problem the HTTP engine used by Tomcat is
relatively primitive and unoptimized.

Resin on the other hand is considered one of the fastest servlet
containers in the industry.

This is exactly what you found out.

Until now most of the work around Tomcat concentrates on adding
functionality, I guess that the next versions will improve in terms of
performance/scalability.

	Gal Shachor