tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Stefán Baxter <ste...@gm.is>
Subject RE: Servlet chaining with active orchestration
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2000 14:59:26 GMT
Hi,

opposed to what? mixing html with programming logic?

My view on this is simple I want the minimum amount of code in my HTML and I
generally want no HTML in my code or my data.

If I could create an abstract layer where HTML programmers could do some
minimum coding, like iterating through enumeration and performing simple
conditions on prepared objects than that is the ideal scenario. The reason
is simple, we have people working on HTML that view HTML as interesting
challenge where different browser manufacturers have made it tricky to
create good sites/applications that work on all the browsers. Our HTML crew
consists, not Java developers or PERL programmers, but they could easily
work with prepared objects and minimum logic with out problems. I don't want
them to need SQL or EJB coding experience in order to format data from a
Oracle database in a web application. Instead they can concentrate on
usability and design.

I want our Java developers to be able to create clean Servlets, business
objects etc. preferably
without any consideration of presentation HTML or otherwise.

How would you go about achieving this?

regards,
  -Stefan