tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Griggs, James" <grig...@netgenshopper.com>
Subject Tomcat vs. Resin
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:37:51 GMT
I ran an informal test for 9 hours last night on a Win98 PC comparing the
latest tomcat(apache.org) code and the latest resin
(caucho.com) both using Suns JDK 1.2.  I used 2 instances of socrates to
simulate 100 users requesting a hello.jsp file at random intervals.
Tomcat and Resin were running at the same time on different ports.

Result:				Tomcat:	Resin:
Total Requests Handled		26094		6546375
Total Requests Dropped		4691		0
Requests per Second		.1		195
Average Latency			98.17		.15

I'm assuming the dramatic difference in requests handled is due to a 60
second timeout on dropped requests.

I'm wondering if anyone can explain the dramatic difference in the results?
Am I doing something wrong here to cripple Tomcat?  (... and since I know
the question will be asked: I have no affiliation with Caucho ;o)

Jim Griggs
jim@netgenShopper.com