tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Missing Session information using Tomcat with Apache
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:03:49 GMT
Christian Bulitta wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've configured Tomcat to run as jsp/servlet-engine together with Apache
> and mod_jserv.
>
> Tomcat: AJP12-Server on Port 8007
> Apache HTTP-Server on Port 8080
> Tomcat: HTTP-Server on Port 8090
>
> Nearly everything works fine. Apache passes servlet and jsp-Request to
> tomcat.
> What does not work fine is passing of session information.

You didn't specify any of the versions of Tomcat/jserv/apache that you were
running but there appears to be some serious problems with passing
request/session data through JServ 1.1 to tomcat.  No one has found out what
is causing it as of yet.  I've been searching for an answer but haven't seen
anything in the code of Tomcat that would be doing this.  The JServ folks
say it's a Tomcat problem.

Mike