tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Session-Timeout
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:48:23 GMT
Christopher Frauenberger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Set the defaultSessionTimeOut in the server.xml configuration file.
> e.g.:
> <Context path="/" docBase="webpages"
> defaultSessionTimeOut="30" isWARExpanded="true"
> isWARValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
> isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>
>
> It works fine with my context.
> Hope it helps
> Christopher
Hmmm... In 3.1M1 i also have the problem the original poster mentioned and
have to explicitly set the timeout value in my servlet code or else it just
times out after 2 minutes.  I have my server.xml with this;
defaultSessionTimeOut="1800"

and it still times out in 2 minutes (I put valueUnbound() methods in my
classes to check that this was happening).  Definitely a bug. I've tried it
on 3 different platforms and JVM's and they all exhibit this behavior.\

Mike