tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Lynn, James" <jl...@e-medsoft.com>
Subject RE: Servlet reloading?
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2000 21:03:37 GMT
> And do you see this as a way to satisfy the API 2.2 requirement
> that no unexpected ClassCastException problems occur?  What about
> objects not in a session that are shared by servlets?

What about the case where a JSP declares an inner class and puts it in a
session? In some cases that name of the generated JSP changes and thus the
name of the inter class changes and can't be deserialized. Am I right that
this is a problem? So far I've been using Hashtable to save page specific
data, and I write an inner class to wrap around the Hashtable (really not
too bad of a method).

James