tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: nightly build scripts (was: IllegalAccessError and Tags)
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 18:52:50 GMT

Danno wrote:
> Is this being caused by old or dirty builds visible in the class path?

Absolutely nothing was in the class path.  Everything was built from a
clean cvs checkout.  (not even an update, a clean checkout)

According to a prior post by Rajiv on this topic, apparently the Java
compilers with 1.1 and 1.3 are not compatible with 1.2, and the consensus
is that the 1.2 behavior is correct and this is being pursued as a bug in
1.3 (but curiously not being fixed in 1.1).

My temptation is to produce separate builds for each major JDK level in the
3.1_M2 timeframe.

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  At this point, I am having deep difficulty in repressing my Italian
heritage, and the impulse to express my outrage in a very forceful and
direct manner.  Perhaps Stefano can help me out here when he gets back on
Friday?  <grin>