tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Cruikshank <a...@epitonic.com>
Subject Is 3.1M1 a branch now?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:27:11 GMT
I've been load testing and profiling a new application on a 3.1M1 server
from 2 or 3 weeks ago (It's been about the same amount of time since I
stopped following the daily dev group postings).  I found some performance
bottlenecks in the JSP code, fixed them, and the server now handles JSP
pages significantly faster, and (with a few other tweaks) is now, IMHO,
production ready.

I've been wanting to submit the patches to the group, but I thought the
patches wouldn't do any good if they were for an older version.  So I got
the latest version from CVS, and have since spent about 4 hours (of time I
don't have) just trying to get the thing to run.  I keep getting NPE's from
SimpleMapper, and, when I trace back through the code, I see no reason why
I shouldn't be getting NPE's.  When I got the latest binary version, it
looked completely different (with a tomcat.xml instead of or in addition to
a server.xml) and no hints on how to get either of them to run a simple jsp
page.

Looking at the general list, it seems as if changes are being made to the
3.1M1 server separate from the main CVS tree.  Is this the case?  If so,
how do I check out the latest 3.1M1 from CVS and submit a patch to it?  Is
the main CVS branch server supposed to be functioning?  Any general info on
the status of things would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex Cruikshank
Senior Software Engineer
Epitonic.com