tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Jain <>
Subject Open Source Application Server
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:38:02 GMT
I am a new convert to tomcat, I have recently downloaded tomcat and
installed it on my Apache Web Server.

As I have understood tomcat, its a servlet container technology (jswdk) like Apache Jserv
with JSP support.

I have been looking for the right Application Server for my web site.

Will tomcat be the answer for the application server or can
a Open Application server like Enhydra exist along with tomcat ??

I have been evaluating so many different technologies in the last couple of
days , namely: BEA Weblogic, Enhydra with XMLC, Tomcat /JSP , Apache JServ /Cocoon.

I am confused as to what is the right strategy. Do these technologies overlap
and what is the best one for Open Source architecture.

Thanx for the responses.

View raw message