tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From lishin lin <l...@usinteractive.com>
Subject Re: out of memory
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:50:54 GMT
Joe,

Thanks a lot for the "inside" information. I would never guess
that's the cause.

After increasing the ulimit, Tomcat can support 100 concurrent
requests without any problem.

Thanks again!

Lishin
------

"Mannering, J (Joe)" wrote:

> Hi Lishin
>
> This could be to do with exceeding max file-descriptors - this gave us the
> error below (45 connections)
>
> We are running tomcat on Solaris 2.6.  Each new connection uses at least one
> socket connection, which is treated as a file-descriptor.  There is a
> default limit (user) of 64 file descriptors
>
> To check this try:
>
> ulimit -n
>
> To increase this try
>
> ulimit -n <num>
>
> There will be a system limit - for Solaris this is default 1024:
>
> system limit:
>
> ulimit -Hn
>
> I hope this helps - I had a very frustrating time solving this one!
>
> Joe.

are sent for the personal attention of the addressee. Although you may be the named recipient,
it may become apparent that this email and its contents are not intended for you and an addressing
error has been made. This email may include information which is legally privileged and exempt
from disclosure. If you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and
delete this email and any attachments from your computer system.

> Unless specifically stated to the contrary, the views expressed in this correspondence
are those of the author and not those of Rabobank International.