tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Bulitta <christian.buli...@marconicomms.com>
Subject Missing Session information using Tomcat with Apache
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:04:19 GMT
Hi!

I've configured Tomcat to run as jsp/servlet-engine together with Apache
and mod_jserv.

Tomcat: AJP12-Server on Port 8007
Apache HTTP-Server on Port 8080
Tomcat: HTTP-Server on Port 8090

Nearly everything works fine. Apache passes servlet and jsp-Request to
tomcat.
What does not work fine is passing of session information.

1.
When I call the numberguess-example via apache:
http://nsuews99:8080/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp
no session information is kept. I'm always doing my first guess ("You
have made 1/1/1/1... guesses.").

2.
When I call the numberguess-example directly:
http://nsuews99:8090/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp
everything works as it should do. I can do as many guesses as I need
("You have made 1/2/3/5/... guesses.").

I set up Netscape to ask me whether to accept cookies. And in the first
case (using apache) a different cookie is set every time. In the second
case only one cookie is set once.

Might this be a lokal problem of mine or a bug? In case it's just a
problem of mine please tell me, so that I can work on it.

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,
  Christian