tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Alexandria: Apache CVS and Javadoc manager.
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:12:53 GMT
(sorry about the cross post but this applies to everyone)

Monday I hacked together a tool that should help us manage all our CVS
Repositories and Javadoc in one central location.
(http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria/html/)

Basically I defined an XML schema that marks up all of our CVS
repositories, etc into one file.  Then I just XSLT that into an Ant
build.xml file.   Ant then proceeds to do a CVS update on all our
CVSROOTs and then builds Javadoc.

Currently it is taking like 40 minutes to build all of our projects.

Right now it lets you:

- Browse all projects:
	- Go go that projects home page
	- Go to their CVSWeb interface
	- View their generated Javadoc
	- Search through all the javadoc

I had to manually enter all projects so I might have missed some.  Also
if anyone wants a revision other than HEAD please let me know.  If no
one objects I would like to move this over to a machine other than my
home workstation (on a T1 though).

Technically it uses Xerxes, Xalan, Ant and Apache... all our own dogfood
! :)

Kevin
--

Kevin A Burton