tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eugen Kuleshov <a...@hco.kollegienet.dk>
Subject Re: request for comments about Multilinguage JSP
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:44:31 GMT
Benson Margulies wrote:

> I don't think that it is realistic to assume that all the text in a
> multilingual application will surface via XLT. A JSP/servlet may need to
> pull strings from a database based on language.

  Actually multilinguage web application can have different presentation
logic and different images for html code.
  Of course data related language dependend information can be kept in
RDBMS, properties files or properties classes. Java have not so bad
mechanism for loading language dependend properties (you can set
language for creating properties stream - ResourceBundle.getBundle(
"resourceclassfile", locale); ). But this data kept in beans usualy
invoked from JSP or generated by servlets for using in JSP.

  Do anyone here implement multilinguage web applications? I do.

  Eugen Kuleshov.