tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Janicki <Jani...@ia-inc.com>
Subject Re: How to install a new Web application in tomcat Servlet environment
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:52:15 GMT
I'm rather new too, but I've gotten my servlets working by just installing the classes in
"[contextRoot]/WEB-INF/classes", where contextRoot may be ~/examples or ~/webpages in the
demo
configuration.  Apparently you only need to list your servlet in the
"[contextRoot]/WEB-INF/web.xml"  file if you want it preloaded?

Given the demo configuration, you can reach a servlet via http://servlet/MyServlet or
http://examples/servlet/ExServlet, depending on which context your in.

(Corrections to my newbie explaination are welcome.)

Chris