tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <>
Subject Re: request for comments about Multilinguage JSP
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2000 05:46:56 GMT
In many cases the data starts from some single source (say the database)
and ends up being differentiated based on a number of reasons; let's say
based on client characteristics for this - that could be supported
language, or it could be a WAP device vs an HTML browser.

I don't know where the practical boundary lies between transforming some
common representation and starting afresh.  I doubt any of us really
knows given how little experience there is with the differnt
mechanisms.  If the transformation is very deep it seems to me it may be
easier to start afresh.  Anyhow, we will find out as we try things out,
that is why we like our jobs, right?

A response to the original question in a separate mail.

	- eduard/o