tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: request for comments about Multilinguage JSP
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:33:00 GMT
My test case is actually a Servlet which contains only the logic and
does not generate a single line of HTML. Everything is done in XSLT, and
it rocks.

Of course that raises the question, why would one use JSP for?

Certainly not for presentation. But when JSP gains XML capabilities, you
might find it easier to use existing XML beans from inside an XML page.
Your JSP page will in effect invoke beans, glue them together, maybe do
some code, maybe not.

You will also need to produce some XML for the portion of the
information that is static.

arkin