tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: request for comments about Multilinguage JSP
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:10:17 GMT
My personal opinion is that this practice will erode over time as we
tend to rely more and more on XML.

Your XML JSP page will produce the information for the page, but not the
actual text content (or presentation). The text content will come from
an XSLT stylesheet.

So you'll reuse the same JSP, but apply different stylesheets or
otherwise embed the language-specific information into the stylesheet.

The XSLT engine hidden behind the JSP page will need to support the
language (and media type) negotiation, of course.

I do think that having a design patten like:

  style.en.xsl
  style.fr.xsl
  style.de.xsl

would make it easy to support different languages.

arkin