tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eugen Kuleshov <a...@hco.kollegienet.dk>
Subject request for comments about Multilinguage JSP
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:37:56 GMT
Hello!

  I would like to see any comments about implementing support for
Multilanguage Java Server Pages in JSP engine.

  Apache have module named mod_negotiation. This module use
accept-language heager http variable and negotiate request to
corresponding file. ie index.html.en, index.html.de, etc...

  It will be great to add same functionality to JSP engine. For example
we have these pages:

  index.en.jsp
  index.de.jsp
  index.it.jsp

  One of them marked in config as default page (if no accepted
languages).
  For every request JSP must check accept-language in http headers and
call corresponding jsp file. I think it's not so hard to add this
functionality to jsp class loader.

  Any comments.

  Thank you.

  Eugen Kuleshov.

PS: maybe someone can forward it to jsp-interests list?